Harty's Endodontics in Clinical Practice, 7e
THE SEVENTH EDITION NOW COMES WITH ACCESS TO AN ONLINE QUESTION BANK CONTAINING A WIDE RANGE OF MCQS AND CLINICAL CASES TO HELP REINFORCE LEARNING!
Under the editorship of Bun San Chong, a team of international experts have come together to present the scientific basis of current endodontic practice together with 'hands-on' advice on what to do, and when and how to do it. Perfectly tailored for undergraduate dental students and those pursuing specialist training, including extended skills in endodontics, Harty's Endodontics in Clinical Practice reflects the latest clinical and scientific developments in the field with topics ranging from diagnosis and treatment planning to the management of the primary dentition, trauma and the relationship between endodontics and periodontal and systemic disease. Areas of debate are explained while other chapters also look at infection control, pharmacological advances and the management of pain.
Harty's Endodontics in Clinical Practice, seventh edition, provides comprehensive coverage of the subject at a level which is ideal for undergraduate dental students, those pursuing specialist training, including extended skills in endodontics, and anyone undertaking CPD, or seeking to keep up-to-date.
- Practical approach to the subject, taking the reader through every step of endodontic practice from its scientific basis to patient assessment and through to clinical techniques
- Helpful pedagogic features - including Learning Outcomes and Summary Boxes - help reinforce learning
- International experts and contributors help ensure good coverage and currency of information
- Explores areas of debate when they exist to reflect differing approaches to treatment intervention
- Explains the potential impact of systemic conditions and disorders, as well as medications, on endodontic treatment planning and management
- Discusses the diagnosis of orofacial pain and the appropriate use of antibiotics and analgesics
- Explores the maintenance of pulp vitality and the prevention of apical periodontitis in the context of operative dentistry
- Provides an overview of instruments and devices used during endodontic treatment
- Describes the fundamental principles of canal filling using gutta-percha, as well as the use of alternative materials, and newer root filling techniques
- Discusses the management of dental trauma with emphasis on accurate diagnosis, timely and appropriate treatment, and follow-up
- Explores the interface between endodontic-periodontal disease in the context of diagnosis, treatment and prognostic assessment
- Discusses common challenges such as inadequate pain control and problems with preparation and filling of the root canal system
- Written at a level which is ideal for dental students, general dental practitioners and those pursuing specialist training or seeking to keep up-to-date
- Comes with access to an online question bank containing a wide range of MCQs and Clinical Cases to help reinforce learning!
- Richly illustrated with over 80 colour artworks - many created by the Gray's Anatomy illustration team - and 350 photographs, many of which are previously unpublished
- Explores advances in our understanding of the role of microorganisms in the pathogenesis of pulpal and periradicular diseases and the role of host defence response against root canal infection
- Explores the use of newer imaging techniques such as three-dimensional tomography in determining pulp space anatomy and in treatment planning
- Explains recent advances in material technology, molecular biology and regenerative medicine in the management of deep caries and maintenance of pulp vitality
- Explores the effective use of existing and newer chemomechanical preparation techniques and intracanal medication for thorough root canal system decontamination
- Explores advances in the techniques available for restoring endodontically treated teeth
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
- PDF | 352 pages
- Bun San Chong BDSMSc.PhDLDS RCS(Eng)FDS RCS(Eng)FDS RCS(Edin)MFGDP(UK)MRDFHEA(Editor)
- Churchill Livingstone; 7 edition (10 Oct. 2016)
- Science & Nature
|The message text*:|